Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Change the Orientation in a 3DCLIP Window?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
JC_BL
687 Views, 1 Reply

How to Change the Orientation in a 3DCLIP Window?

I would like to find a way to change the orientation of what is being shown in a 3DCLIP window.  Specifically, I want it to show in "Plan View" (Top View); then I can set the front/back clipping-planes to only show a small number of tall and narrow objects among many.  I have already set the model space of the viewport in a layout to show in plan-view.  But when I issue 3DCLIP command, its window shows the view in side-view.  I want to know how to view it in plan-view.

Please note that I have never used 3DCLIP before.  May be that is exactly how 3DCLIP is supposed to do?  I don't know, and I hope not.

Please let me know how to change the initial view of a viewport in 3DCLIP window.  Thanks in advance.

Jay Chan

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JC_BL
in reply to: JC_BL

Turns out this is something very easy.  I need to switch the orientation of the viewport to the way that I want the final orientation should be before I launch 3DCLIP.  If I want the final orientation of the viewport to be from the Front, I need to switch the viewport to see the Front first before I launch 3DCLIP.

I am glad that this is something easy.

Jay Chan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost