AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Active Contributor
calvindale
Message 1 of 4 (259 Views)

How to apply Temporary Override Key tweaks

259 Views, 3 Replies
11-27-2012 03:07 PM

Hi all,

I'm trying to override the F9 key with an AutoLISP subroutine invocation.  However, though I have redefined the Temporary Override Key (associated with the F9 key) in the CUI editor, the F9 key nevertheless still triggers the default Toggle Snap Mode behavior.  So it's not accepting the redefinition even though the new definition persists between AutoCAD sessions.

I'm confused.  Any ideas how to get the redefinition to take?

thanks

Temporary Override Key

**Master
dmfrazier
Message 2 of 4 (221 Views)

Re: How to apply Temporary Override Key tweaks

11-30-2012 11:13 AM in reply to: calvindale

I notice in your attached image that you are attempting to modify the Temporary Override Keys that are part of the ACAD CUI.  Is there another CUI loaded?

Active Contributor
calvindale
Message 3 of 4 (215 Views)

11-30-2012 01:07 PM in reply to: dmfrazier

I actually made the definition when All Customization Files was selected.  When I click on the Open button, I only see acad.CUIX listed.  However the drop down lists three others: custom, autodeskseek, & acetmain.

**Master
dmfrazier
Message 4 of 4 (208 Views)

11-30-2012 01:17 PM in reply to: calvindale

If ACAD is your "main" CUI, those other CUIs must be loaded either as "partials" to ACAD or one of those is the "enterprise" CUI and the others are partials to that.  In any case, my theory is that there is another Temporary Override Key definition in one of these CUIs which is overriding the one you've edited.  (I think the way it works is the last one loaded wins.)

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.