AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

GoranKLensmeden
Message 1 of 4 (224 Views)
Accepted Solution

How save a layer so it won´t be editable in the copy?

224 Views, 3 Replies
07-08-2012 11:10 PM

I work in a multi-layer map, which I want to make a copy of. At the moment my background map (x-ref in layer 0) is editable/possible to unlock, but I don´t want it to be in my copy. Basically, I just want it to use it as a background picture in my new map.

Thankful for all hints! / Göran

No way in AutoCAD alone.  If you really want this, you must use something like CADlock.  You can make your background into a pdf and attach that but it won't be a drawing anymore.

dbroad wrote:

You can make your background into a pdf and attach that but it won't be a drawing anymore.

But you could also plot that background out as a DWF and underlay that.  It also won't be an editable drawing file anymore but will respond like one more than a PDF will.

Dave.

*Expert Elite*
dbroad
Message 2 of 4 (213 Views)

Re: How save a layer so it won´t be editable in the copy?

07-09-2012 05:25 AM in reply to: GoranKLensmeden

No way in AutoCAD alone.  If you really want this, you must use something like CADlock.  You can make your background into a pdf and attach that but it won't be a drawing anymore.

*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 3 of 4 (192 Views)

07-09-2012 11:51 AM in reply to: dbroad

dbroad wrote:

You can make your background into a pdf and attach that but it won't be a drawing anymore.

But you could also plot that background out as a DWF and underlay that.  It also won't be an editable drawing file anymore but will respond like one more than a PDF will.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
GoranKLensmeden
Message 4 of 4 (171 Views)

07-09-2012 10:49 PM in reply to: GoranKLensmeden

Thanks for the quick replies! I think it´ll work, now.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!