How do we use Vault with an outside vendor that controls a large ‘master layout’ directory of AutoCAD drawings that is given to us each week by way of FTP? How do we update the files in vault without having to check out dozens of files or folders then copy the new files (which often have missing xrefs that have to be fixed before Vault will accept them) into the working directory then check back in the files. This is way too time consuming and complicated to do on a weekly basis.
The simplest procedure we can think of looks like this:
1) Download new set of drawings.
2) Open these drawings in AutoCAD reference manager to fix/remove broken xrefs so Vault will accept them.
3) Check out the entire folder that needs to be updated from Vault
4) Paste the new drawings over the drawings in MyDocs\Vault\Vendor
5) Check all the drawings in through Vault, solving any vaulting issues that may have been missed in the reference manager.
Any help would be great.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.