AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

brosnans
Message 1 of 4 (16,243 Views)

How do I insert a title block?

16243 Views, 3 Replies
11-07-2010 06:03 PM

I am using AutoCAD 2010.  I want to insert a standard autoCAD supplied template to a layout.  I tried typing mvsetup, then titleblock, then insert, and choosing option 7 for A size paper, but the only option for A size paper doesn't fit and I don't like the design either.  Is there a better option for AuoCaD provided templates for title blocks, and if so how do I insert one into my layout?

Distinguished Mentor
wengle
Message 2 of 4 (16,226 Views)

Re: How do I insert a title block?

11-07-2010 08:19 PM in reply to: brosnans

"Don't like the design either" - how about making your own template? You could use one that is supplied by autocad and make changes as desired and then save with any name you want.

narcisom
Message 3 of 4 (16,157 Views)

11-09-2010 02:41 PM in reply to: brosnans

You typically do not add a title block after you started a drawing. You need to get your title block setup when you build a template.  The template will contain the title block you would want to use.  It is very similar to MS Word, if you have used a template in Word it behave very much the same.

A possible solution is to create a template with the title block you want to use. Make sure the title block is in Paper space. Save the file to .dwt format (drawing template format). Then start a new drawing using the "Start with template" option, find your new template and you have a new drawing1.dwg  then copy and paste or insert via block command your drawing that you had started prior to you having the template?

good luck!

Mentor
BernardMadoff
Message 4 of 4 (16,147 Views)

11-09-2010 07:48 PM in reply to: brosnans

i would set your drawing frame up as a reference file.

this way when company logo's, project title and / or anyother generic frame data changes at a later date, as it inevitably will you update the reference file and all drawings which reference that frame will automatically update

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!