Did you mean: 

Hide annotations in a certain viewport

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
db_2014
5630 Views, 4 Replies

Hide annotations in a certain viewport

Is it possible to hide (or not plot) certain annotations in a viewport?

For instance, I have a blown out close-up of a room in a viewport with all the small-scale dimensions, but I don't want those to show in a viewport where this room is a part of the whole building.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nestly2
in reply to: db_2014

db_2014 wrote:

Is it possible to hide (or not plot) certain annotations in a viewport?

Absolutely!

The oldschool method is to place the dimensions on different layers and then VPFreeze or Thaw those layers depending on what you want displayed in a particular viewport.

A second option is to place the dimenisons in Paperspace.

The third and most powerful option is to use Annotative scaling (works with Blocks, Dimensions, MText, MLeaders).  Although not extremely detailed in technique, this video does a great job of demonstrating how Annotative scaling would work for your application  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPP2dpzbMB4

Each method has advantages and disadvantages, so IMO it's best to try all 3 to see which works best for you.  If you're going to pick just one though, I'd recommend Annotative scaling... a bit tougher to learn, but easily the most versatile.

Message 3 of 5
db_2014
in reply to: nestly2

Thanks a bunch!
Message 4 of 5
gregorymalcolmh
in reply to: nestly2

Man, I really could use this tutorial on setting up annotative notes/dims to disaapear depending on the scale they are set to. Unfortunately, the video is not available.

Message 5 of 5
db_2014
in reply to: gregorymalcolmh

You realize that it was posted 9 yrs ago, right 😀

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost