AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

holleybak
Message 1 of 4 (271 Views)

hidden lines

271 Views, 3 Replies
04-13-2010 05:17 PM
I am a new AutoCAD user. I often have problems with hidden lines showing as dotted lines. I load ISO whatever in the linetypes, choose it as my property, and the line still looks solid. I try a variety of linetype scales and the line still looks solid. I have tried doing these changes zoomed in tight and zoomed out far away. I know I'm probably doing something simple wrong, I just have no idea what it is. Any thoughts and help would be appreciated.
*A+P
Message 2 of 4 (271 Views)

Re: hidden lines

04-13-2010 05:26 PM in reply to: holleybak
if in model tab, change ltscale to match with plotting scale to see linetype
displayed properly.

Paul

wrote in message news:6372514@discussion.autodesk.com...
I am a new AutoCAD user. I often have problems with hidden lines showing as
dotted lines. I load ISO whatever in the linetypes, choose it as my
property, and the line still looks solid. I try a variety of linetype scales
and the line still looks solid. I have tried doing these changes zoomed in
tight and zoomed out far away. I know I'm probably doing something simple
wrong, I just have no idea what it is. Any thoughts and help would be
appreciated.
Active Contributor
quyv
Message 3 of 4 (271 Views)

04-13-2010 09:20 PM in reply to: holleybak
try command: "lts" then set value of linetype scale multiple of 15. eg: if you draw your object at 1:10 scale. the lts value should be 150.
then regenarate your drawing by command "regen" to see the correct line type
Quy Vu
*Pro
Modman_4
Message 4 of 4 (271 Views)

04-14-2010 07:07 AM in reply to: holleybak
1. In a new drawing, in modelspace, set CANNOSCALE to 1/4" = 1'-0" (or what your overall object will eventually be viewed at in a layout tab).
2. Set LTSCALE, MSLTSCALE, PSLTSCALE & CELTSCALE all to 1.
3. Still in modelspace, load in a number of linetypes and draw samples of each (such as hidden, hidden2 and hiddenx2), and select the one that works best for you.
4. In a layout tab, create a viewport and copy it many times. Then select each one and use the scale list on the taskbar to select a random scale. Do this one at a time and choose a different scale for each viewport. Lock each one after you set their scales.

You should not only see your linetype properly in modelspace but it will look the same in each of the layout tab viewports. Now, try the same thing with your existing drawing. If it doesn't seem to be working, you may have to copybase it into your new one. Good luck!
I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! :smileyhappy:
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!