AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

jennwatson
Message 1 of 4 (342 Views)

HELP Table-Border Problem

342 Views, 3 Replies
02-14-2012 12:03 PM

I am having a problem with a table.  It's an electrical panelboard schedule and some cells have borders and some cells do not.   Three cell areas that are NOT supposed to have borders are showing borders.  Particular oddities are:

1.  They are always in the same two areas.

2.  It does NOT happen in every drawing they are used in.

3.  IF the problem occurs?  It does not matter how many times the borders are "fixed", then the drawing saved...because after teh drawing is closed and reopened the borders show up again.

It is quite baffling!

Any help/ideas would be appreciated.  I am hoping to avoid having to completely rebuild the table from scratch because there is some random unexplained glitch within this one.

I have attached a screen shot of it.

The area above GFCI BREAKER and ARC FAULT should NOT show a border.  The line above TOTAL LOAD and TOTAL AMP should be dashed.  I will fix the borders...LOCK it...and save the sheet.  But when it's reopened it reverts back to the same wrong border lines.  Again, this happens in the same areas always...but NOT in every drawing the same panelboard schedules are used.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (320 Views)

Re: HELP Table-Border Problem

02-14-2012 02:22 PM in reply to: jennwatson

Post the DWG, not a snapshot.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
jennwatson
Message 3 of 4 (294 Views)

02-15-2012 04:34 AM in reply to: jennwatson

Here's the dwg.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 4 (289 Views)

02-15-2012 05:30 AM in reply to: jennwatson

Well, your first mistake and it's a big one: you don't use a custom tablestyle name. Leaving it called "standard" means you are always at the mercy of whatever is already defined in the file, and never reflects yours all the time.

Same goes with text STYLEs (you seem to use the default "annotative" and not give it a unique name, and DIMSTYLEs).

It also appears (since I inserted a new table in your file) that you only manually edit a table and never define it the way you want in the TABLSTYLE command.

As posted, your table needs a lot of manual editing to change: take the time to develop a TABLSTYLE that matches your formatting needs in the first place and that should go a long way to helping you keep all of your tables more consistent.

Feel free to post back with progress DWG files if you get stuck and need help.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.