AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

homer028
Message 1 of 3 (445 Views)
Accepted Solution

Help menu display defaults

445 Views, 2 Replies
06-21-2011 11:50 AM

My 'help' bar in the top part of the screen with the subscription service and communication buttons now only goes to the web based help. Where is the long list of suggestions and solutions to similar issues, along with possible command variables etc....

Is this something with 2012, or am I missing something here? Is there a variable out there to change it back? You try to find 'help' on the help menu, it doesnt quite work.

I am using civ3d 2012 64 bit.

Thanks,

Greg-

Unless CIVIL acts differently, plain 2012 opens the EXCHANGE window and the list is on a sidebar to the left (and it no longer includes misc topics from forums etc.).

To only search locally, instead of the Internet Exchange Site, you set that option in OPTIONS command>SYSTEM tab>Exchange section, uncheck the box to go online.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (436 Views)

Re: Help menu display defaults

06-21-2011 12:31 PM in reply to: homer028

Unless CIVIL acts differently, plain 2012 opens the EXCHANGE window and the list is on a sidebar to the left (and it no longer includes misc topics from forums etc.).

To only search locally, instead of the Internet Exchange Site, you set that option in OPTIONS command>SYSTEM tab>Exchange section, uncheck the box to go online.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
homer028
Message 3 of 3 (434 Views)

Re: Help menu display defaults

06-21-2011 12:36 PM in reply to: homer028

What I have found is that my search paths are missing from the the infocenter. I have no place to add search paths within the infocenter. All that is there for options are

General

Communcation Center

Autodesk channels

Balloon notification

RSS feeds

I read in another post that this might be related to the type of installation - deployment compared to individual?

Anyone know of an issue such as this?

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.