Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Inserting a block using a command

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
365 Views, 10 Replies

Help Inserting a block using a command

Hello I have a template that already has all the blocks that i need in it. But I don't to copy paste each block to different multiple location because of the size of the work. Sometimes i have a ten miles job and everytime i got to insert a block i have to go back to begining of my drawing then copy that block and paste on the different location.

What I need is Lisp command that I can just type like FH in the command box and it will insert that block to the point where i want it to be. Any help will be appreciated

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

If it's the most recently-Inserted Block, Insert + Enter to accept the default Block name will do.

But there are several ways to do it otherwise.  You could make an icon/button that contains a macro:

^C^C-INSERT YourBlockName

which would leave you at the insertion-point prompt in the Insert command [with the other available options if you want any].  It could be expanded to take you to a specific Layer, build in scale factors and/or rotation if appropriate, etc.

And a command could be defined -- in simplest terms:

(defun C:FH ()

(command "_.insert" "YourBlockName")

)

which [as with the macro] would likewise leave you at the insertion-point prompt, but could also be made fancier.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

no it could be any block because i work with a lot of block that is why i want to someone to help creating this. all want it to be able to do is type FH for one block and select where it goes instead of either coping that block from the beginning or typing insert then select the block then clicking ok

Message 4 of 11
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

no it could be any block because i work with a lot of block that is why i want to someone to help creating this. all want it to be able to do is type FH for one block and select where it goes instead of either coping that block from the beginning or typing insert then select the block then clicking ok

I think I edited my reply to include a command definition while you were writing/posting the above -- check the (defun C:FH ... suggestion there now.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

omg thanks that did work i have 1 more questions after i do that i have block to 3 different scales i use 30, 50, and 100 scale i'm not able to make it the right scale is there a way so i can bring to any of the scales

Message 6 of 11
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

omg thanks that did work i have 1 more questions after i do that i have block to 3 different scales i use 30, 50, and 100 scale i'm not able to make it the right scale is there a way so i can bring to any of the scales

If the Blocks are drawn at a scale of 1 representing their plotted-on-paper size, and those scales are used in different drawings in which they are [typically] in the DIMSCALE System Variable, then you can do this:

(defun C:YourCommandName ()

(command "_.insert" "YourBlockName" "_scale" (getvar 'dimscale))

)

Others could help you better than I if an annotative-scaled Block is appropriate [I haven't had a newer version with that possibility long enough to have gotten used to how it works yet].

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

I appreciate all the help what you told did work thanks.

Message 8 of 11
Moshe-A

explore  ADCENTER command

it will show you a small image of your block (at your current position) and let you insert it

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Hi again,

I have another question. I got the first part good i'm able to insert a block just by typing that FH. Now I wanted to know how can i make to block to come in in 1 scale because right now it comes to 0 scale?

Also is there a way that i can tell it which layer the block to be under?

Thanks

Message 10 of 11
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

.... Now I wanted to know how can i make to block to come in in 1 scale because right now it comes to 0 scale?

Also is there a way that i can tell it which layer the block to be under?

If you are using the one that uses the DIMSCALE System Variable to scale the Block, and that can sometimes be zero, you can do it this way, to force it to 1 in that case, but otherwise use whatever the non-zero value is:

(command "_.insert" "YourBlockName"

"_scale" (if (= (getvar 'dimscale) 0) 1 (getvar 'dimscale))

); command

); defun

For the Layer, there are several ways you can do that.  Perhaps the simplest, if you're using a (command) function anyway for the Insert, is to include a Layer command inside that first:

(command

"_.layer" "_set" "YourLayerName" ""

"_.insert" "YourBlockName" "_scale" (if (= (getvar 'dimscale) 0) 1 (getvar 'dimscale))

); command

); defun

But there are other ways, too, such as to use (setvar 'clayer ....) instead of a Layer command, or to Insert the thing and afterwards change its Layer with CHANGE or CHPROP, or if you don't need to visually drag it into place, use (entmake) instead of an Insert command, which can include a Layer name, even other than the current one.

The above leaves you in that Layer.  You will find multitudinous routines on these Forums that will save the current Layer name first, set it to what's appropriate for the routine, and when finished, reset it to what it was before.  Poke around a little.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

thanks that work perfectly you have no idea how long i look, now i will do this for my other commands thank you very much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost