Did you mean: 

hatch unable to move/copy to new location

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
erickim
1139 Views, 5 Replies

hatch unable to move/copy to new location

Hi

I could not move or copy the hatch,it seems like locked. The dxf drawing was exported from CSC OrionR18. Can someone please help me?  

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: erickim

Layer locked?
Message 3 of 6
erickim
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean Saadallah,

All layers are not locked.

Message 4 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

if you run _AUDIT with your DXF you'll see that there are a lot of errors in the file.

And sorry to say, I guess it does not repair the database to the last bit, the hatch seems to stay broken. New hatches created in that drawing work perfect, but I haven't found way to get the existing ones working.

Even copy&paste into a new drawing does not allow full control over those hatches, stretching of border-grip-points is working, deleting the hatch works, but moving the complete hatch or copy does not work (tried with AutoCAD 2012 and 2014, while 2014 crashes when you don't run _AUDIT as first command (or _RECOVER to open that DXF)).

What product has created that hatches?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 6
erickim
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Alfred, thanks for looking at the file, it was exported from structural analysis and detailing software - Orion.

Message 6 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> it was exported from structural analysis and detailing software - Orion

What fileformats do they support for exporting? (sorry, I have not found any good informations about that export-abilities).

Maybe another format helps to have correct hatches.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost