Distinguished Contributor lai
Distinguished Contributor
lai
Message 1 of 8 (14,516 Views)
Accepted Solution

Hatch editor not function when double click

14516 Views, 7 Replies
03-27-2012 07:48 PM

Need help..I can't edit my hatch pattern when i double click it.I only able to edit the hatch patter once after i click the "hatch editor" menu button. Please advise.

From what I am gathering you want to Hatch Edit dialog box to display when double clicking an existing Hatch pattern.  Right now when you double click a hatch pattern the Quick Properties dialog box opens.

Seems as though you Double Click Action in the Customize User Interface is set to Quick Properties and that you need to replace that action with HatchEdit.

See Overview of Double Click Actions and the section "To modify a double click action".

In Step 3 find the "Hatch" item and click the plus sign.  It probably says Quick Properties under Hatch at this point.  If so continue.

Skip step 4.

In Step 5, type Hatch into the Search Command List, and then drag one of the Hatch Edit entries from the Command List to the Hatch item under the Double Click Actions, which should replace the Quick Properties.

Click OK to close the Customize User Interface, and test out a double click on a Hatch pattern.

Mentor
PorterCAD
Message 2 of 8 (14,511 Views)

Re: Hatch editor not function when double click

03-27-2012 08:06 PM in reply to: lai
Two thing:
1. Are you see the editor in the ribbon when in 2D drafting workspace?

2. Is your PICKFIRST system variable turned on (set to 1) or turned off (set to 0)?
Jason Porter
Enceptia Technical Advisor & Civil Solutions Blogger
http://enceptia.com/author/jporter/
Valued Mentor
gjrcmb
Message 3 of 8 (14,506 Views)

03-27-2012 08:28 PM in reply to: lai

From what I am gathering you want to Hatch Edit dialog box to display when double clicking an existing Hatch pattern.  Right now when you double click a hatch pattern the Quick Properties dialog box opens.

Seems as though you Double Click Action in the Customize User Interface is set to Quick Properties and that you need to replace that action with HatchEdit.

See Overview of Double Click Actions and the section "To modify a double click action".

In Step 3 find the "Hatch" item and click the plus sign.  It probably says Quick Properties under Hatch at this point.  If so continue.

Skip step 4.

In Step 5, type Hatch into the Search Command List, and then drag one of the Hatch Edit entries from the Command List to the Hatch item under the Double Click Actions, which should replace the Quick Properties.

Click OK to close the Customize User Interface, and test out a double click on a Hatch pattern.

Distinguished Contributor lai
Distinguished Contributor
lai
Message 4 of 8 (14,494 Views)

03-27-2012 08:55 PM in reply to: lai

Thanks for the help..this is just what i needed....

MissBianca
Message 5 of 8 (13,971 Views)

08-20-2012 10:31 AM in reply to: lai

I've completed all the steps, and even when I go back and check in the CUI it shows Hatch Edit under the Hatch option; but when I double click on a hatch it's still giving me the quick properties! so annoying!

I tried re-starting the program. still nothing.

any suggestions?

**Master
dmfrazier
Message 6 of 8 (13,964 Views)

08-20-2012 02:09 PM in reply to: MissBianca

You can change your Quick Properties setting with the QPMODE command.  Enter 0 (zero) to turn it off.  If you like it on, try setting it to either 1 or 2.

MissBianca
Message 7 of 8 (13,962 Views)

08-20-2012 02:12 PM in reply to: dmfrazier

gah! that didn't work either!!

tazanali
Message 8 of 8 (970 Views)

10-01-2014 07:57 AM in reply to: lai
Thanks u very much, i did it :smileyvery-happy: !!!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.