AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

MarkUdvari-Solner7853
Message 1 of 8 (1,598 Views)

Hatch contextual tab missing

1598 Views, 7 Replies
04-06-2010 02:41 PM
I just upgraded our office from 2010 (architecture package) to 2011 and I was very excited to use the new hatch improvements, but whenever I try to use the hatch command I don't get the contextual tab.
I tried playing around with HPDLGMODE, and I can get the old style dialog box, but I was really looking forward to having all that on the ribbon.
I looked in the CUI and I found the hatch creation one, and it's empty. I also noticed that many other contextual tabs are empty.
I think maybe it's because of some setting I had it import from my previous release maybe?

We have multiple seats where I work (I'm in charge of everything computer related) and mine is the only one where this happens.
Everyone one else that I set up has the contextual tab.

Any advice?
Should I just reinstall it without pulling in my settings and re-build my ribbon the way I had it?
Thanks in advance.
*Dean Saadallah
Message 2 of 8 (1,598 Views)

Re: Hatch contextual tab missing

04-06-2010 04:35 PM in reply to: MarkUdvari-Solner7853
Contextual Tab?

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
*Expert Elite*
GTVic
Message 3 of 8 (1,598 Views)

04-06-2010 04:49 PM in reply to: MarkUdvari-Solner7853
You could delete the following and then start AutoCAD and it will recreate your profile:

Delete folders:
C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2011
C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2011

Delete registry key:
HKCU\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.1

Where 'xxx' is your login name
MarkUdvari-Solner7853
Message 4 of 8 (1,598 Views)

04-07-2010 08:46 AM in reply to: MarkUdvari-Solner7853
> {quote:title=Greg.Toews wrote:}{quote}
> You could delete the following and then start AutoCAD and it will recreate your profile:
>
> Delete folders:
> C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2011
> C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2011
>
> Delete registry key:
> HKCU\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.1
>
> Where 'xxx' is your login name

I tried that, and nothing happened.
I mean, the MSI box came up saying "Please wait while Windows configures AutoCAD 2011" and everything.
But once it loaded everything was the same.

So I opened CUI and I right-clicked the ACA.cuix top level file and hit Reset this file.
Now I have the hatch contextual tab again, but I have to re-build my ribbon back to how it was.
Good thing I backed it up.
Contributor
tittlek
Message 5 of 8 (1,598 Views)

05-07-2010 02:59 PM in reply to: MarkUdvari-Solner7853
I too am having the same problem. On two workstations one Vista and one Windows 7, the contextual hatch tab is not working. I then checked the CUI under Ribbon>Contextual Tab States and did not find the "Hatch Creation" entry. However when I go to "Reset ACAD.CUIX" the option is grayed out and I cannot reset it.

However on a third machine running XP I used a different deployment that was tailored for laptop users. The contextual hatch tab works fine and can obviously be located in the CUI.

So I'm guessing I'm going to have to copy the ACAD.cuix from the machine that works to the other machines. However this is not really a solution since I'm gearing up to deploy 2011 on 30+ computers. I'd like to figure out what settings I might be changing in the deployment, or under the options that is creating this problem.

Anyone know whats going on here?
Thanks
def10
Message 6 of 8 (1,598 Views)

05-07-2010 03:55 PM in reply to: MarkUdvari-Solner7853
Go to your CUI. In the upper left corner is a tab, Transfer. Click it. There will be two columns, the one on the left is your current CUI file. In the one on the right open the main CUI file in the support folder, I think it is called aca.cuix. It should have all the hatch tabs for the ribbon. When you click on one it will say that "this node cannot be transferred" at the bottom, but you can control-c copy it and paste it over into the ribbon in your CUI file.

I had the same issue changing from 2010 and this worked for me. Remember you have to add the hatch creation and hatch edits tabs under both the tabs and the contextual tab states. Just copy what is in the aca.cuix file.

Hope this works for you.
benjammin123
Message 7 of 8 (905 Views)

03-23-2011 09:57 PM in reply to: def10

having the same the same problem, and have tried tirelessly to change my CUI I haven't/can't change the ribbon tabs using the transfer tool.

Having to resort back to the old (and reliable...) hatch dialog box. I really wanted to utilise the new features but its beyond me how I can change it when I haven't got the option to change it... any ideas as to what am i doing wrong?

tom-longo
Message 8 of 8 (668 Views)

03-02-2012 06:13 AM in reply to: benjammin123

HPDLGMODE?

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!