AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

srmechanical
Message 1 of 4 (1,285 Views)

Handles

1285 Views, 3 Replies
10-11-2011 02:31 AM

Hello Friends ,

I need a Clarity on Handles in Autocad .

1. What are Handles .. when I select some obj. For instance a block or even a circle and List the Properties am getting  its handle as d7 , 1e7 like that …
  2. How they were Assigned automatically for every Objects … What is the Sequence it Follows for eg. It automatically assigns d7 1h7 like that  ..
  3. Is it Possible to Change it …

I got to knew that it’s a hexa number with max limit of FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF 16char… Can somebody help me whether I could make  use of  this in Import and Export Attributes of Express Tools …

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 4 (1,279 Views)

Betreff: Handles

10-11-2011 03:05 AM in reply to: srmechanical

Hi,

1) It's an ID for every record in the DWG-database (values are displayed as HEX-values in AutoCAD)

2) assigned by AutoCAD itself, every object has one handle, e.g. textstyle, layer, line, ... some objects have multiple handes that is not visible for a non-programmer, so if you have a block with attributes, in the block-definition every object has a handle, the block-.insertion (block-reference) has one handle and every attribute has a handle.

3) limited yes, if you are developer

This:

>> Can somebody help me whether I could make  use of  this in Import and Export Attributes of Express Tools …

I don't understand the question, sorry.

HTH, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
srmechanical
Message 3 of 4 (1,273 Views)

10-11-2011 03:35 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks for that alfred ...

>> Can somebody help me whether I could make  use of  this in Import and Export Attributes of Express Tools …

//I don't understand the question, sorry.////

myself gotta clarity on that too ... thanks for d reply

Employee
artc2
Message 4 of 4 (1,233 Views)

10-11-2011 10:21 AM in reply to: srmechanical

Handles are 64-bit integers, so displayed as hex strings they have a maximum of 16 digits.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.