AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

srmechanical
Message 1 of 4 (1,359 Views)

Handles

1359 Views, 3 Replies
10-11-2011 02:31 AM

Hello Friends ,

I need a Clarity on Handles in Autocad .

1. What are Handles .. when I select some obj. For instance a block or even a circle and List the Properties am getting  its handle as d7 , 1e7 like that …
  2. How they were Assigned automatically for every Objects … What is the Sequence it Follows for eg. It automatically assigns d7 1h7 like that  ..
  3. Is it Possible to Change it …

I got to knew that it’s a hexa number with max limit of FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF 16char… Can somebody help me whether I could make  use of  this in Import and Export Attributes of Express Tools …

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 4 (1,353 Views)

Betreff: Handles

10-11-2011 03:05 AM in reply to: srmechanical

Hi,

1) It's an ID for every record in the DWG-database (values are displayed as HEX-values in AutoCAD)

2) assigned by AutoCAD itself, every object has one handle, e.g. textstyle, layer, line, ... some objects have multiple handes that is not visible for a non-programmer, so if you have a block with attributes, in the block-definition every object has a handle, the block-.insertion (block-reference) has one handle and every attribute has a handle.

3) limited yes, if you are developer

This:

>> Can somebody help me whether I could make  use of  this in Import and Export Attributes of Express Tools …

I don't understand the question, sorry.

HTH, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
srmechanical
Message 3 of 4 (1,347 Views)

10-11-2011 03:35 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks for that alfred ...

>> Can somebody help me whether I could make  use of  this in Import and Export Attributes of Express Tools …

//I don't understand the question, sorry.////

myself gotta clarity on that too ... thanks for d reply

Employee
artc2
Message 4 of 4 (1,307 Views)

10-11-2011 10:21 AM in reply to: srmechanical

Handles are 64-bit integers, so displayed as hex strings they have a maximum of 16 digits.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.