Did you mean: 

GROUP Command Missing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jdavis
1209 Views, 4 Replies

GROUP Command Missing

I'm using AC 2011 and I can't find the GROUP command anywhere. If I select objects and right click it's not there. If I type GROUP in the command line I get the 'Object Grouping' box. (which I've never seen before and don't know how to use to make a group or ungroup things) If I go to the tools menu, it's not there. Even when I open the CUI and search for it in the list of commands, it doesn't show up.

I've made sure the PICKSTYLE is set so group is on. I've also swapped between '2D Drafting & Annotation' and 'AutoCAD Classic' workspace. Still nothing.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: jdavis

Did you use AutoCAD LT previously?  Groups are a bit different between LT and full AutoCAD, with the Object Grouping dialog being normal behavior.  The full version is a little less automated than whats in LT, likely due to the extra features that can be used instead.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 5
jdavis
in reply to: dgorsman

I normally use AC 2012 and I've used this specific 2011 in the past and GROUP was there. At least I think it was. I'm actually helping a new guy here in the office who's never used AC before so I'm having to show him all the basics.

Are you saying the GROUP command like I'm used to in my 2012 Full Version doesn't exist in the Full Version of 2011?

Message 4 of 5
GrantsPirate
in reply to: jdavis

The Group dialog box you are seeing is how Group worked starting in 1994 until recently, I think they took the dialog box away as the default at 2012.  Type in a Group Name then pick New and pick the objects, finally pick OK.  In the newer versions you must type ClassicGroup to see the old dialog box.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 5 of 5
jdavis
in reply to: GrantsPirate

Thank you. Looks like that's what the problem is... it's just too old of a version to have the GROUP command I'm used to.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost