Did you mean: 

Gotham OTF Fonts Wont Display

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
AutoDeskSupporter
6056 Views, 6 Replies

Gotham OTF Fonts Wont Display

Environment

Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 - AutoCad 2011 - Current Microsoft Patches - Office 2010

Issue

I can get Gotham .OTF fonts working ok in Adobe applications (Photoshop, Illustrator), Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Archicad. But I cannot get the Gotham fonts to appear in AutoCAD.

Any ideas? Do I specifically require .TTF files for the fonts to work correctly in AutoCad?

Font Details

Hoefler & Frere-Jones - Gotham Fonts - Typography.com

Troubleshooting

Attempted .TTF conversion that only wanted to replace the existing .OTF via Control Panel-Fonts

Uninstalled KB2753842 that seemed to be a forum topic of cinversation

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: AutoDeskSupporter

Do any OTF fonts work with AutoCAD on your PC?
Message 3 of 7

According to this: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=7792485&linkID=9240617&siteID=123112

if the OTF is a TrueType outline, it should work.  If it's a Postscript Outline OTF font,it won't be recognized in Acad.  I dont' know anythiong about Gotham, but what do you get if you right click on the font and select Open (or double-click)?

I've got some fonts that AutoCAD can't recognize (mostly from Adobe) and they'll come up with:

"OpenType Layout, Digitally Signed, Postscript Outlines"

Message 4 of 7

The .OTF fonts that I had originally converted to  .TTF via FontForge decided to start working...

Thanks very much for the quick response here (and the slow response from me as I was validating the resolve)

Message 5 of 7

I'm having the same issue with the Gotham typeface in Revit. It's not showing up under the pull-down. The version of the font family I have is OpenType.

Message 6 of 7
pendean
in reply to: drubinoff

Read reply #3: there are two type of OTF, and #4 offered a fix.
Message 7 of 7
drubinoff
in reply to: pendean

Yes, thanks; I got stuck when FontForge said it had created a .TTF version (and shows the file in its directory window) but Windows Explorer shows no such file in the directory.

And, I'm wondering in the future, when I open MS Word, will it give me two Gothams to choose from, one the original OpenType, and one the TTF facsimile? Might be confusing as to which is the "real" Gotham when I'm using Word or InDesign.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost