17 Posts
3 Kudos
Post 1 of 5
Accepted Solution

Gizmo Problem - Doesn't let me select it

1383 Views, 4 Replies
06-07-2011 04:12 PM

Hi,

I'm having a Gizmo problem, and it has been recurring for a long time.

Problem:

When I select an object, either with scale/rotate/move selected, the corresponding Gizmo appears

Great

But as I hover my cursor over it, and it clearly shows I'm over it by changing color, and try to click on it. It disappear.

It's very frustrating as I try to click on it, and it's gone, and the command window displays this message

"Please select an axis" duhhh I can't cuz the Gizmo is GONE. Then I ended not being able to perform all those functions.

Any idea guys?

Regards,

Dulerong

Actually guys,

I found my solution, it's really weird but in case someone with the same problem.

To avoid this:

In 3D mode, Home->Selection then you can see gizmo selection types (scale, rotate, move)

Basically the problem I was having is due to selecting the different gizmo then what I intended to do,

so like this: type "rotate" but had "scale" selected in that tab.

This is not gonna work.

Hope it helps anyone like me.

Contributor
17 Posts
3 Kudos
Post 2 of 5

Re: Gizmo Problem - Doesn't let me select it

06-07-2011 05:02 PM in reply to: dulerong

Actually guys,

I found my solution, it's really weird but in case someone with the same problem.

To avoid this:

In 3D mode, Home->Selection then you can see gizmo selection types (scale, rotate, move)

Basically the problem I was having is due to selecting the different gizmo then what I intended to do,

so like this: type "rotate" but had "scale" selected in that tab.

This is not gonna work.

Hope it helps anyone like me.

Contributor
17 Posts
3 Kudos
Post 3 of 5

06-07-2011 11:39 PM in reply to: dulerong

i've managed to fix this problem with manually typing in 3Dmove, 3Dscale, 3Drotate,

For some reason this problem still persists

I just can't select an object and use the GIZMO right away, like I need to type in the command

Mentor
188 Posts
12 Kudos
Post 4 of 5

06-08-2011 01:58 PM in reply to: dulerong

You need to be in a visual style other than 2dwireframe.

2 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 5 of 5

08-05-2011 10:37 AM in reply to: SugarCAD

Hi everyone. My problem is that when I change the visual style from the default one (2dwireframe) it seems to crash. I CAN move the mouse... but when I try to change the visual style again from the list above on the left of the window, I CAN'T open the "menu". As well, if I draw a 3d object, then I cannot select it. I can't change the view using teh cube above on the right too. What's my problem. Thanks

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post