Did you mean: 

get rid of alt buttons

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
743 Views, 6 Replies

get rid of alt buttons

hinapavmaoete.png

How am I supposed to enter alt codes for special characters with this crap comming up when I hit the alt key?

Why would you make them come up when I'm in a text editing window and can't click anything in the ribbon anyway!?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
leothebuilder
in reply to: Anonymous

If you are using the Mtext editor why not use the drop down menu for special characters.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Because I know the alt codes.  I don't have to hunt and peck in a character map and lose my train of thought while typing in a foreign language.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

TBSHOWSHORTCUTS (System Variable) Specifies whether shortcuts that use the Ctrl and Alt keys are displayed in the tooltips on toolbars.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Command: tbshowshortcuts
Unknown command "TBSHOWSHORTCUTS".  Press F1 for help.

Message 6 of 7
MarySeufert

TBSHOWSHORTCUTS was intruduced in the 2012 versions, so it won't be available in your AutoCAD 2010. Smiley Sad

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 7 of 7
davecollingwood

Not sure if this'll work for you, but if you hit ALT and start typing the code you need immediately (so you're almost pressing ALT and the first character at the same time), it may slip under the radar and stop the elements appearing on the ribbon. Apparently this has solved the issue for some, not a great fix but better than nothing!

Some of my greatest heroes wore eye-patches, there was Kirk Douglas... me on a Friday night... did I mention Kirk Douglas?

www.davecollingwood.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost