I managed to program the F1-F10 keys and the Shift F1-F10 keys, but can't get the Ctrl and Alt keys to work.
Anyone know how?
Suppose you want to assign a shortcut key to the Align command.
1. Open the CUI
2. In the Customization Panel, expand Keyboard Shortcuts > Shortcut Keys
3. Find the Align command in the Command List panel
4. Drag it to Shortcut Keys list. The Properties panel will open
5. Under Access on the Properties panel click the ... button for Key(s)
6. Now press Ctrl+anykey or Ctrl+Shift+anykey or Ctrl+Alt+anykey or Shift+anykey to make your key assignment.
I followed your advice and for what ever reason the Ctrl or Alt keys when pressed don't show up in the dialog box. It worked with Shift key, but not these. Any ideas why they don't show up?
The F-keys can be assigned using the method I described above. Actually they can be assigned as a single keystroke or with a modifier viz Ctrl+F2.
I could get only some ot the Ctrl keys to work, like Ctrl+F2, Ctrl+F3, F5, F7,F8,F9,F11 and F12. I could not get any Alt +any F key to work.