AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

DeuCeNTX
Message 1 of 1 (159 Views)

Format locking removed and format deleted when cell is cleared

159 Views, 0 Replies
05-25-2012 08:04 AM

Hi, 

I am creating a table that can be copy/pasted into a drawing and a couple of the cells have formatting such as converting the input value to metric. I set the correct formating, verifiy it works, but when i remove the number value in the cell, the formatting is removed as well. So I reset the format, DO NOT check to see it works, lock the cell format and it still only works for one time. When the cell is double clicked (which highlights the text/number) and the value deleted, the lock is removed and the format is set back to default text format. 

Is there any way to lock these cells so that they can be altered continuously without having to reformat? I'm just trying to get everyone on the same page so that they only have to type in the standard numbers and it stores it as metric so when the drawing is printed, all of the numbers are metric. And these numbers are often tweaked during setup depending on material properties and tolerance ranges. Nothing worse than someone forgetting to calculate a number and everything is messed up, ESPECIALLY when these numbers are fed into a $500,000 machine. 

Thanks!

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.