AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

jasonleejackson
Message 1 of 2 (424 Views)

Find 'All Users' Plugin Folder (re: .bundle)

424 Views, 1 Replies
11-21-2012 08:24 AM

I am writing an installer for AutoCAD 2012 to install our .Net plugin with the .bundle style of plugin loader.  It is my understanding that 2012 does not support the ApplicationPlugins folder under "ProgramData", but only in the "Program Files\AutoDesk\ApplicationPlugins" and the user's "AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins" directories.  I want to install my plugin for all users so I assume I need to put it in "Program Files\AutoDesk\ApplicationPlugins".  How do I find this at install time?  I know that mind is at "c:\Program Files\AutoDesk\ApplicationPlugins", but that location may be different for a different install, right?  Is there a registry key or AutoCAD .Net utility that I can leverage to discover that location so I know where to lay down my .bundle bits?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 2 (414 Views)

Re: Find 'All Users' Plugin Folder (re: .bundle)

11-21-2012 09:15 AM in reply to: jasonleejackson

Another location to post while you wait here, the .NET Customization Forum:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/NET/bd-p/152

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.