Did you mean: 

FATAL ERROR on 2010 startup

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
goeagles7817
660 Views, 8 Replies

FATAL ERROR on 2010 startup

Hello,

I have a user whose AutoCAD 2010 immediately crashes after startup.  The infamous (seems to be a lot of posts concerning this error) FATAL ERROR: unhandled e0434f4dh exception at 758e812fh is what message that is displayed.  I have checked the registry key dword fix and they're already set to all 0's.  I also have heard it could be a video card driver issue.  AutoCAD is running on a 32-bit Win 7 Pro machine.  The AutoCAD 2010 program itself is running off of SP2 patch.  I think the PC has an ATI Radeon card in it.  Does anyone have any ideas or solutions I could try?  Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Patchy
in reply to: goeagles7817

Was it running fine last week?

Any update from microsoft (Mainly the .NET framework)

Have you tried System Restore?

Go to Start, find autodesk, your 2010 autocad and find RESET button.

or go to Control Panel and Repair.

Message 3 of 9
goeagles7817
in reply to: Patchy

As far as I know it had been running OK.  I just checked the security bulletin for this month and I didn't see any .NET related patches.  I can give System Restore and the "reset" option a try.

Message 4 of 9
goeagles7817

I have also tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and reparing. Those all didn't work.
Message 5 of 9
Patchy

Only time it works for me was uninstall the latest .NET framework in the Control Panel, restart the PC then reinstall autocad and let autocad install .net from its installation disc.

Message 6 of 9
goeagles7817

OK, i'll give this a try.
Message 7 of 9
goeagles7817

The user has AutoCAD Mechanical installed on the PC as well but that works perfectly fine. Should I remove both programs after uninstalling .NET?
Message 8 of 9
Patchy

I would not remove the Mechanical.

Message 9 of 9
goeagles7817

OK, I removed AutoCAD 2010.  Uninstalled both .NET 4.0 Extended and Client.  Reinstalled AutoCAD 2010 and SP2.  Still get the error 😞

I am attempting a System Restore right now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost