Did you mean: 

Extention line in radial dimension

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Myles1
421 Views, 4 Replies

Extention line in radial dimension

Is there any way to turn off the annoying extention line that appears when you try to move the text in a radial dimension.  I keep having to turn off ext line in the properties window.  I would like to set the default to off, and turn it on, if I need to.  (I doubt I would ever need to, though)

Thanks,

Autocad 2011

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Myles1

Hi,

open the dimension style dialog, change tab to "Fit" and uncheck the option "Draw dim line between ext lines" ... is that what you are looking for?

2014-11-27 16-44-56.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
Myles1
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks, but that isn't selected in the dimesnion style.  I have attached an example of what I am talking about.  The first image is what I get when I try to dimension the interior bend.  When I try to pull the text off the part, I get what is shown in the second image, which is not acceptable.  In order to get what I am looking for, image 3, I have to select the dimension, bring up the properties window, and under "Lines & Arrows", turn the Ext Line off.  I have to do this for every radial dimension, for every part, for every drawing.  It is driving me crazy.

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Myles1

Hi,

ok, follow these steps:

• start the dialog for dimension scale
  • select the "NORMAL x3" (from your sample)
  • click "new"
  • in the bottom of the dialog select "Use for:" ==> "Radius dimensions" and then click "Continue"
  • now on tab "Lines" check "Suppress: .... Ext line 1"
  • close all dialogs

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
Myles1
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Excellent, thanks! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost