2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gators63
1142 Views, 2 Replies

Export Request Failed Error Reference 36

Hello to the AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012 Community

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Background: 

I purchased AutoCAD 2012 as a student with a "Standalone - Locked" educational license with Windows XP computer. Well, I upgraded my "Operating System" (OS) to Windows Vista (I know AutoCAD considers this a "dead OS") and successfully transferrred my license via the License Utiltiy Transfer (LUT) tool. Just to reiterate my point, the same computer but different OS. 

Issue:

I have recently purchased a high-end, AutoCAD compatible Windows 7 computer and when I went to use the LUT tool, I got this message:

Export Request Failed: The maximum number of exports for this serial number has been reached. You may not export more licenses than you have purchased.

Note: please see file attachment. Left out the Serial Number for privacy and/or security concerns.

My question is how does AutoDesk take into account how many times you "export" your legitimate AutoCAD 2012 license?

• Is it based on the number of OS upgrades per the same computer you own? 

or

• When you transfer your license from your old computer to your new computer?

Considering that AutoDesk does not even recognize Windows Vista, I think the first export should not even count towards the "export count" per the specified license.

How can I appeal this error message?

Thanks,

Darren

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: gators63

Once you check out a license, it's out until you put it back. if you did nothing with it or lost it or it failed on Vista or whatever other reason there is and you never put it back, the LTU considers it checked out.

Autodesk doesn't monitor your PC and 20120 is Vista compliant, so there is nothing there to cause issues.

BTW, 2012 EDU licenses are for 3-years: it probably expired.since the current version is 2015. You're probably wasting time and effort IMHO. Go find out at http://www.autodesk.com/education/support
Message 3 of 3
gators63
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the help.

After tweeting with AutoDesk's support, it turned out I had an export license "hanging out there" in cyberspace that was never properly imported. I imported it onto my new machine and everything works fine. 

~ Darren

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost