Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export 3D .dwg to .sdn format

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RockyBrown4134
1239 Views, 2 Replies

Export 3D .dwg to .sdn format

We have a customer who wants us to convert one of our AutoCAD 3D models to .SDN format (Steel Detailing Neutral format). I am not familiar with the software they are using, SmartPlant 3D 2009.1 . I also understand that they also use Bentley Structural and ProSteel as well.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Original File is AutoCAD 2012 .dwg format, 117,285 kb in size.

Thanks.

Moderator;

If this post needs to be moved to another group, please do so. Thanks.

If this response answers your question, Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution"

Rocky Brown
AutoCAD 2020 / Inventor 2020 / Plant 3D
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: RockyBrown4134

Looks like you ought to be using AutoCAD Structural Detailing software, not plain AutoCAD, for the task? Worth asking the folks in that forum for help or advise on upgrading: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Structural-Detailing/ct-p/2039

have you asked your contact over there if there are any other formats they can import that AutoCAD can export? Have a chat and explore together.

Message 3 of 3
RockyBrown4134
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:

Looks like you ought to be using AutoCAD Structural Detailing software, not plain AutoCAD, for the task?

I agree, buts that's not my call.

@pendean wrote:

have you asked your contact over there if there are any other formats they can import that AutoCAD can export? Have a chat and explore together.

I have asked that question and got the software names they are using.

If this response answers your question, Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution"

Rocky Brown
AutoCAD 2020 / Inventor 2020 / Plant 3D

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost