Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing fields coordinates spot height can i lock it?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
542 Views, 7 Replies

Editing fields coordinates spot height can i lock it?

Hi,

I am using block with spot height (edited field) to show me my spot height...(Pic added)

When i have a paper (example two joist) and i have to move them one by one perpendicular my spot height (edited field) is changing....

I have to move to block and edit it then make a base spot....

With a alot of joist it can slower my drawing...

Is it possible to just "lock" this editing field and when i move it up and down - is it possible that coordinates won't change?

I know its a abit complicate what i wrote (added two pictures to make it easier), but anyone can say it is even possible?

Thanks for response

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
EgoonS
in reply to: Anonymous

if you change fieldeval to zero (0) they dont update once you move them

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: EgoonS

yes, thats true i knew about it but it's doesnt exactly resolve what i want...

fieldeval is on all my drawing...

If i got for ex. 6 joists in 3 rows, 2 columns i will type fieldeval and its unfortunately works on all my draw.... i dont want it in that way, i would like to frozen only one spot height,  no more... is it possible?

or i have to frozen all my joists (all spot height)?

Thanks for replay:)

Message 4 of 8
imadHabash

set your FIELDEVAL (System Variable) = 0.

Message 5 of 8
jggerth

If you don't want the value  to chane as the block moves, then convert the Field to Text.  Otherwise the value will reflect the coordinates.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jggerth

Thanks for replays guys, but unfortunately noone of you understand me....

Again for easier explain i added two pictures - now i hope everything would be clear...

"

If you don't want the value  to chane as the block moves, then convert the Field to Text.  Otherwise the value will reflect the coordinates."

Yeah, but i have to type text every time....i would like by a clicking some buttons - frozen few my coordinates and unfrozen... just do it really quicklyThanks for replay

Message 7 of 8
jggerth

I think we understand you all right, it's just that what you are asking for doesn't exist, & SHOULDN'T exist.  There's no such thing as a 'frozen field'; fields get their information from somewhere, and if the data changes, the field value changes.  You can globally set all fields to NEVER update by setting fieldEval, but that does not accomplish your desired end result.

what you _can_ do, when you want an attirbute to not reflect the correct coordinates, is, in the Attribute Editor, slect that attribute, right click on it, and select "Convert field to Text"

It's now a text string, and will reflect whatever the value of the field was when it was converted to text.  no need to type in a value.  After that, you can move the lock anywhere you want, and the displayed value won't change.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jggerth

ehhh:( so i think i'm gonna do like i had done....- make new block then make new base point to set my coordinates in this editor block - and repeat that every time when i have to  change specific spot height....

Or maybe u guys would have better idea - (for example got 2 joists (beam) perpendicular one by one on A3) and the second joist is always in block (the one who is on down)

And if i have to change my joist i simply enter the block and correct something but sometimes is really annoying... like when u got on paper A2 and 4 in rows in blocks joists...

I am using editing field to minimize mistakes on drawing.

Anyway thanks for replay guys...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost