Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block Equality Constraints

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BMATT
2897 Views, 2 Replies

Dynamic Block Equality Constraints

Picture this...create a dynamic window block, use the typical line/stretch parameters for height and width, simple lookup and life is good...BUT...what if you want to put a muntin pattern in there, that will wonderfully stretch to all of your different window dimensions.

Let's say you want a 4-lite window (meaning 1 horizontal bar in the middle of the glass and 1 vertical bar set in the middle that way as well).  Getting them to stretch with the windows height and width is easy peasy, but trying to tell them to stay in the middle of all of the new configurations has been plaguing me for some time now.

Yes, there is an immediate solution - but a timely one - you can "Constrain" them, but the "Constrain" and standard "Line/Stretch" parameters do not communicate - so now you basically have to start over.  Constrain the overall width, then constrain the vertical bar to be half the width (similar for height), but now you just erased your original line/stretch, which means your lookup is useless and constraints don't talk to lookups so now we are in Block Property Tables...blah, blah, blah.

I hope I am missing something, but all I really need is to have a constraint style that allows me to dimension from one side of the window to the vertical bar...then continue that very dimension to the other side of the window and simply make them equal each other.  Currently one of those dimensions has to be a physical dimension that is locked into place, which does not work when your window gets wider.  

Seems weird that this is not an option, which usually means I am not seeing it.

Please help, I have been staring at the block edit screen long enough that I am pretty sure it is starring back.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ojuris
in reply to: BMATT

hi!

It's always better post the block if you need help

I don't understand your problems about stretching middle bar of window

see attached file

Juris

Message 3 of 3
J.P.White-Quantum
in reply to: BMATT

Necroing this because there was never an answer.

Do a second stretch through your muntins, then go into the properties of that stretch and set the distance modifier to .5

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost