AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Valued Contributor
jbalaneski
Message 11 of 13 (772 Views)

Re: DWG to PDF - "Flattening" during printing and Black Boxes on Text

02-21-2012 11:43 AM in reply to: pendean

I was able to find a brand spanking new machine with a fresh install of C3D/AutoCAD 2011 on it.  Never been used or tweaked in anyway.  I found the DWG to PDF.pc3 default file and copied it on to my system.  And then applied the necessary changes to the file to avoid the flattening issue...and low and behold the black boxes disappeared on the output PDF file.  I think maybe my pc3 file, even though it was the original, some how got corrupted.

Thanks for all your help guys!

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 12 of 13 (768 Views)

02-21-2012 12:00 PM in reply to: jbalaneski

Thanks for the follow-up: please check your own answer as an accepted solution so that others can find it easily.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Distinguished Contributor
ssx_Autodesk
Message 13 of 13 (757 Views)

02-21-2012 04:53 PM in reply to: pendean

an alternative that i've found to be quite stable is to install PDF Creator (open source, but be careful of installing the toolsbars they bundle with it) and set that printer to auto-save to a particular folder (i have a C:\PDFs folder and a shortcut on my desktop)

then i create a specific pagesetup for that printer.

it's been rock solid and also free.

(my biased opinion is that Adobe has gotten too fancy over the years - Acrobat has some nice features, but it's much more complex than i need it to be)

Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.