AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

bruce1955
Message 1 of 4 (842 Views)

DWG to PDF conversion

842 Views, 3 Replies
05-01-2012 10:30 AM

When I try to plot a pdf of my drawing, the elements are distorted (circles larger, plines thicker, etc). How can I convert to a true pdf? I have AutoCAD 2012 student version.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 4 (840 Views)

Re: DWG to PDF conversion

05-01-2012 10:40 AM in reply to: bruce1955

Hi,

what driver/pc3 did you select in the PLOT-dialog?

Sometimes (up to release 2010 afaik) there were such issues using the built-in-driver using the "DWG to PDF.pc3", in that cases I suggested to use a third-party printer driver (my favorite is >>>PDFCreator<<<).

Now you are in the AutoCAD 2012 group and I'm wondering that it appears again, anyway, try PDFCreator.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
emmawilson0813
Message 3 of 4 (813 Views)

05-02-2012 07:01 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

I use Total CAD Converter in converting my DWG file to PDF. It is really easy to use and you can download a free trial to test the software before buying it.

Em

*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 4 of 4 (797 Views)

05-02-2012 09:51 PM in reply to: bruce1955

You are running a student version of AutoCAD which would lead us to believe that you are trying to learn how to use AutoCAD properly.  If that is the case you should not be using some 3rd party pdf conversion program, you should be plotting your work from within AutoCAD using the supplied DWG to PDF.pc3 Printer/plotter driver.

This is, at a minimum, your first option.  I will admit, that like Alfred notes above, there may still be problems with this driver and I seldom if ever use it.  When I want to create PDFs of drawings I plot first to a DWF and then open the file in Design Review and plot to a PDF from there.  It takes an extra step but I get consistent results in the PDF to what I would get if I plotted either directly from AutoCAD or from Design Review.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.