AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

plesseym
Message 1 of 1 (146 Views)

DWF from Revit Outlines when Zoomed

146 Views, 0 Replies
12-28-2011 03:22 AM

I hesitate to put this here because the issue is based on a DWF file created in Revit Architecture that we received from another consultant that we have to put into Autocad and use as a background.

It imported fine and plots fine provide we don't zoom out too much. After placing the dwf in modelspace with scale 1 at 0,0 I did zoom extents. It shows up just fine. Zoom down to 0.75x and it works fine. Go back to zoom extents - okay. Then again zoom - 0.73x and all you can see is the outline frame of the dwf the contents have vanished.  Zoom extents and it is fine.

Repeated this on 2009 also which I keep just to see if this is a 2012 issue but not the same behaviour is repeated and the DWF vanishes. Needless to say DWFs from Autocad do not show this strange effect.

The DWF was created by Revit Arch 2010 20090917_1212(x64) under creator attribute. The problem I'm facing is that I need to print it as an underlay for a campus plan which is much larger and it will not print is I zoom up the display to show the whole campus at the scale I need it. 

Any help or hints or directions appreciated.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.