Did you mean: 

Drawing units imperial / metric

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1466 Views, 3 Replies

Drawing units imperial / metric

Good day,

I was wondering if anyone could help.  we have some machines which seem to work in imperial maesurement a dn others which work in metric.  it is frustrating when trying to insert a map block that is metric and is inserting into a drawing which is set up as imperial.  We have tried using the - dwgunits to change to mm, and then using insunits , insunitsdef source and insunitsdeftarget to 0, this works when the PC is currentyl in use. when shut down and restarted it reverts back to imperial setting.

Am i right in thinking this is something that needs to be done at the software installation stage to make it default to metric everytime?

Thanks for any help /advice in advance.

Regards

Colin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

I recommend you set up standard templates and use them.

Then this issue should go away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I wondered about this, but the current situation is we have an imperial setup  and it means we have to load in a metric template,  on my pc i don't have to do this, but my colleagues are finding it a pain to have to load in a template.  I take it the software automatically loads in the acad.dwt template?  Oddly enough i see there is a default location for new templates but not one for when it starts up.  So owuld i be best to change the acad template?

REgards

Colin

Message 4 of 4
steve216586
in reply to: Anonymous

You can set up which template is opened in the default drawing template file and folder path specified in Default Template File Name for QNEW on the File tab of the Options dialog box. In this case since you don't state you have a custom template, just change the path to the metric template.

Also, look at the START-UP system variable to see if it is set to 0. This will start up AutoCAD using the template you designated in OPTIONS instead of asking through the "Start New Drawing" dialog.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost