Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drawing in Autocad not working...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
wilsonreef
286 Views, 3 Replies

drawing in Autocad not working...

Last night I was playing around in Autocad.  Today I go to open it up and I don't have a cursor in my model window.  the cursor on my mouse will highlight things in the ribbon, but when I click on anything it just highlights, then nothing happens.  I have also noticed that in the command line I can mouse click and there is a blinking cursor, but nothing can be typed into it.  I am at a loss about now...Anyone have any suggestions?  It is Autocad 2012 SP2.

Thanks in advance for any help

Carl

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: wilsonreef

First, I would make sure SNAP off  (F9) just in case your snap spacing is larger than your screen.

2nd, if Hardware Acceleration is OFF, turn it ON (and vice versa)  Note, disabling hardware acceleration isn't a long term fix, it's just a step to help isolate the problem.

Message 3 of 4
wilsonreef

Thanks for your reply.  I have found the problem. (or what is causing the problem).  I have a 3D Connexion mouse and when I unplugged it everything was ok.  Looks like I may have to re set everything in it.

Carl

Message 4 of 4
JDMather

@wilsonreef wrote:

I have a 3D Connexion mouse and when I unplugged it everything was ok.  Looks like I may have to re set everything in it.

Carl

Open the 3D Connexion Control Panel and click Calibrate (we do this every morning).
Do not let ANYTHING rest against the puck overnight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost