Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draw order lock?

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
nickdoos
3814 Views, 16 Replies

Draw order lock?

I and my colleagues are frustrated with the draw order being disrupted everytime a block is redefine(or redefine and insert). Each time we make amendment to a block and redefine, some (or all) the blocks lose the draw order setting and I have to correct the block order to avoid it disappearing under a block. For instance a pillow block / or duvet block went under the bed block after I redefine a cupboard block. Is there anyway to lock the draw order?

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
nickdoos
in reply to: nickdoos

also the draworderctl is set to 3 and this setting does not stop the blocks reseting the draw order

Message 3 of 17
nickdoos

I saw that other made similar comment but no answer or solution has been found - see thread topic 'Loose draw order when inserting or redefining from Design' 

Message 4 of 17
nickdoos

sortents is set at 127 (after reading the thread) but from I understand changing the numbers does not help

Message 5 of 17
Charles_Shade

DRAWORDERCTL 0 states that a REGEN is required.

Could that be all that you need to do?

Message 6 of 17
nickdoos
in reply to: Charles_Shade

No. it didn't work. The culprit seems to lie with Design Center. I amended a block from the other drawing and use the desgn center to redefine the block in another drawing. The block lose the draw order regardless draworderctl setting (I tried 0,1, 2, 3) and regen but no luck.  

Message 7 of 17
nickdoos

attached are two drawings. drawing 1 is blocks with draworder as i wanted. Observe the chair go above the lamp when i redefine the block from drawing 2 via design centre. On the main drawing sometimes it is a few blocks that lose draworder whilst the other block kept its draworder in the same drawing

Message 8 of 17
Charles_Shade

I do not believe that what you seek can be done because you are redefining the Block and in effect changing it.

AutoCAD is seeing these as new instances of the Block and therefore is not assigning the inherent draworder that the previous instance of the Block had.

Message 9 of 17
nickdoos
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Yes the block is changed / amended but why should this affect / loose the draw order of some blocks? Other threads highlighted the problem faced. The redefined block itself do not necessarilly loose the draw order. It is the other blocks that are not redefined that loose draw order when the redefined block is inserted in the drawing.

Message 10 of 17
Charles_Shade

If this Block interacts with the other Blocks then the redefinition of that Block will affect these even though thier draw order stays the same.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous

Hello, my problem is this: when i redefine a title block or specs block which are both in paper space, sometimes random blocks loose there draw order that are in model space. why? and can this be stoped as it is very frustrating when you have to redefine a title block etc for over a 100 master drawings.

Message 12 of 17
pendean

REGEN or REGENALL usually fixes that.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

no doesn't change a thing
Message 14 of 17
nickdoos
in reply to: Anonymous

I think if you rename the block tag helps. It works for me.
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous

cant really do this, as its for the master drawings which most of our work starts

Message 16 of 17
pendean

DRAWORDERCTL variable is set to...?
Message 17 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

it is set to 3

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost