AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

TruXter
Message 1 of 2 (1,617 Views)

Draw line with measurement on it

1617 Views, 1 Replies
05-18-2010 12:08 PM
Sorry all I am not a pro at this, I just have a few images to draw and need to get this out to my grandmother.
I am drawing a 2 dimension desk to match an old broken desk. I have to draw it with the measurements on each edge

I know I can draw the lines then measure them, then with the text tool type in the measurements. I was wondering if there is
a way of it automatically putting the measurement next to the line as I draw the line, and then a second measurement as I
make corners.
*Bill Gilliss
Message 2 of 2 (1,617 Views)

Re: Draw line with measurement on it

05-18-2010 12:34 PM in reply to: TruXter
On 5/18/2010 3:08 PM, TruXter wrote:
> Sorry all I am not a pro at this, I just have a few images to draw and need to get this out to my grandmother.
> I am drawing a 2 dimension desk to match an old broken desk. I have to draw it with the measurements on each edge
>
> I know I can draw the lines then measure them, then with the text tool type in the measurements. I was wondering if there is
> a way of it automatically putting the measurement next to the line as I draw the line, and then a second measurement as I
> make corners.
>
After drawing the lines, use the Dimension tools to create the
dimensions, as separate objects. AutoCAD does not have a
line-and-dimension combination object or method of drawing.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.