AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

kahwol11
Message 1 of 4 (312 Views)

downloadable layer states?

312 Views, 3 Replies
03-24-2011 01:13 PM

is there anywhere or any way to acquire a standard Architectural Layer state that I could download and use as a basis? Rather than having to create all my layer names, lineweights, linetypes, colors, etc. from scratch? 

Distinguished Mentor
jaich
Message 2 of 4 (302 Views)

Re: downloadable layer states?

03-24-2011 03:24 PM in reply to: kahwol11

There isn't really only one standard.  If you want an AIA standard, do some googling and see if their layer list makes sense to you; 400 layers (or whatever it's up to now) seems like a lot for some folks.  When you are googling, include the word Template in your search.  You may want to ask this over in the ACAD Architecture forum as well.

*Pro
Modman_4
Message 3 of 4 (260 Views)

03-28-2011 10:12 AM in reply to: jaich

Actually, if memory serves, some of the vertical products have a layering standard built into their template drawings, don't they? I am thinking about ADT (now known as Architecture). You can also find a guide to creating your own layering standards using AIA standards, in the Architectural Graphic Standards. I had to build my own but that's where I started...

I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! :smileyhappy:
Distinguished Mentor
jaich
Message 4 of 4 (236 Views)

04-04-2011 10:29 AM in reply to: Modman_4

I believe that the way that the vertical products work is they create layers as AEC (in the case of ACAD Arch) objects are inserted into the dwg.  So the template doesn't necessarily have all of the layers right off the bat.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.