AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Valued Contributor
J-Rad
Message 1 of 17 (539 Views)

Double Clicking Gone and Plethora of Other Annoying Problems

539 Views, 16 Replies
01-21-2010 09:02 AM
This is a plethora of issues that's just appeared on me and I really have no idea what the heck happened. First let me explain what I did right prior to this occurrence. I had a drawing that I was viewing paper space. I wanted to reorient the way it displayed model space using the mvsetup command. Anyways, I reoriented the drawing the way I wanted and later changed my mind. With a series of undo commands, I got it back to the original orientation.

Immediately thereafter, my CAD has been screwed in the sense of convenience. I've completely lost double click commands. I double click and nothing happens. It doesn't give an error or anything, it just doesn't acknowledge the double click.

I've also been forced to use buttons and direct keyboard commands. I can't just select something and hit delete to erase it. I have to either use the 'erase' command or button and then click on the object, then hit enter to confirm.

That brings me to the third issue. Any command I want to do has to be entered first. Then I have to select all the objects it'll apply to and then hit enter to confirm. This is a real pain as I'm very accustomed to simply selecting an object, typing 'm' for a move command, and having the program understand that I only want to move this one object.

I'm at a loss of what to do at this point and am considering an uninstall/reinstall. So far reloading old profiles and running a repair have not worked at all.

If it helps, I'm using Windows 7 64-bit.
*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 17 (538 Views)

Re: Double Clicking Gone and Plethora of Other Annoying Problems

01-21-2010 09:10 AM in reply to: J-Rad
pickfirst set to 1
or you can reinstall if you have a lot of time ☺
*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 3 of 17 (538 Views)

01-21-2010 09:10 AM in reply to: J-Rad
(2nd line was a joke ☺)
This glitch occured for a long, long time.
Valued Contributor
J-Rad
Message 4 of 17 (538 Views)

01-21-2010 10:25 AM in reply to: J-Rad
I gathered. I was fearful I might not have any other recourse.

Anyways, that's for helping me recover that part of my sanity. How I set that to 0 with the actions I took I've not a clue. Ah well, lesson learned.
*Pro
Modman_4
Message 5 of 17 (538 Views)

01-24-2010 04:11 PM in reply to: J-Rad
If the double click issues persist you may have to look into the CUI to see what the double click actions have musteriously reset themselves to. But the pickfirst variable is your likely culprit, and it has occasionally set itself to 0 on me without me doing anything.....
I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! :smileyhappy:
*Expert Elite*
sbrusco
Message 6 of 17 (538 Views)

01-27-2010 07:59 AM in reply to: J-Rad
Hi J-Rad,

Your OP contained the answer to the problem. The end of your scenario says "With a series of undo commands..." and that is the problem. I noticed this in version 2007 and have seen it exist in subsequent versions through v2010.

There is an option IN the mvsetup command to Undo the results WHILE YOU'RE IN the mvsetup command and you should use this. If you use the command line version of the undo command in any of its forms (ctrl+z, toolbar or ribbon buttons, QAT...) to reverse the results of mvsetup AFTER IT IS COMPLETED, AutoCAD sets the pickfirst variable to "0". (Go figure.)

Here's a freebie: If you have a custom VBA program and use the command line version of the undo command in any of its forms (ctrl+z, toolbar or ribbon buttons, QAT...) to reverse its results, AutoCAD sets the filedia variable to "0".

Sal

*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 7 of 17 (538 Views)

01-27-2010 08:09 AM in reply to: J-Rad
FWIW, in 2010 you can rotate the viewport and the MS view will rotate with it, no need to use mvsetup or any of the other methods any more.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
Valued Contributor
J-Rad
Message 8 of 17 (538 Views)

01-27-2010 08:20 AM in reply to: J-Rad
I'm not sure what 'FWIW' means, but I'll take it as an alternative to FYI.

Anyways, how do you do it? There's been more than a few instances where it would be helpful to have a different view in model space.
*Expert Elite*
sbrusco
Message 9 of 17 (538 Views)

01-27-2010 08:24 AM in reply to: J-Rad
Hi COJonez,

You are correct about the rotate feature of mvsetup. Do you know any shortcuts to accomplish the align feature across viewports without mvsetup? This is what we use it for and i just can't make the users understand "do not undo mvsetup" and i can sympathize with them because why should they understand that. They should be able to undo any AutoCAD command, shouldn't they?

Sal

*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 10 of 17 (538 Views)

01-27-2010 08:30 AM in reply to: J-Rad
FWIW = For What It's Worth

In 2010 make sure VPROTATEASSOC is set to 1, then simply rotate the viewport in PS. You can use the Align command as well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.