AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Active Contributor
cstevens
Message 1 of 3 (1,671 Views)
Accepted Solution

Dot hatch pattern not displaying properly when using "dwgtopdf.pc3"

1671 Views, 2 Replies
06-16-2011 04:07 PM

Does anyone have insight on how to avoid this happening?

I have a drawing (and apparently this happens fairly often to some of my users) which has two areas of the dot hatch (at 96 scale....and not particularly large...maybe an area of 400 SF in MS). 

The DWG prints to hardcopy just fine. 

When I use the dwgtopdf.pc3 to convert to a pdf, the two hatches do not print the same. 

One prints with a very light pinpoint dot, and the other prints with very heavy blobby dots.  The hatches are identical when I list them.  I even did a match properties then printed with and same odd result.

When I print using the system ADOBE PDF printer the difference goes away (though I have to make a new pc3 to accomodate the e1 sized page--which I want to avoid doing).  Also when I print using the Bluebeam PDF printer it comes out fine.

You say, well then, you have your result why ask?  I ask because it is our standard office protocol to print to PDF using the dwgtopdf.pc3 and I would like to avoid lots of "Cowboying" with regard to print setups.

After much noodling I also figured out that if I select the hatches and send them to back (draw order) this problem with the dwgtopdf.pc3 disappears.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where this printing weirdness is coming from (users doing something odd or just a quirk to live with or ghosts in the machine)?

thanks...any thoughts would be helpful.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (1,655 Views)

Re: Dot hatch pattern not displaying properly when using "dwgtopdf.pc3"

06-17-2011 05:10 AM in reply to: cstevens
HATCHTOBACK command and HPDRAWORDER variable as part of your startup routines would seem to be what you need.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Active Contributor
cstevens
Message 3 of 3 (1,643 Views)

Re: Dot hatch pattern not displaying properly when using "dwgtopdf.pc3&quot

06-17-2011 10:45 AM in reply to: pendean

Thanks Dean.

I added hatchtoback to my plotting macro...problem solved.

Thank you, I appreciate your suggestion!

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.