AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Distinguished Contributor
akunkinga
Message 1 of 6 (1,559 Views)

DISAPPEARING CURSOR AND MINIMISE BOX

1559 Views, 5 Replies
11-20-2010 02:43 PM

I would be happy to find if anyone has a solution for a disappearing cursor. I have noticed on the previous posts that this is not a new problem, but no-one seems to have the fix.

I have just had my cad station upgraded to a new PC with Autocad 2011 and windows 7. I also have dual monitors.

The cursor randomly disappears from the work space but can still be seen over the ribbon, this also happens when in Paperspace. The only way to resolve it is to switch autocad off and on which is a most frustrating way to work. The other annoying thing, which also happened with autocad 2010 and xp, is that the minimise/close file boxes that are on the top right hand side of the working area also vanish. I have the latest mouse drivers, a new pc which I assume will have the latest drivers and graphics card etc so what is the problem. I use a wireless mouse but tried an older wired mouse and still have this annoying problem.

Hope someone can advise

*Pro
nestly
Message 2 of 6 (1,554 Views)

Re: DISAPPEARING CURSOR AND MINIMISE BOX

11-20-2010 04:46 PM in reply to: akunkinga

Regarding the crosshairs, check if you crosshairs are using the same color as the background in Paperspace (sheet/layout). My guess is that you have a video driver issue. Try toggling hardware acceleration on/off, check your "Tune Log" and/or updating your video driver.

Re:  Close/Minimize/Restore, they may be down in the drawing area if you're using the ribbon and have the menubar closed (which is the default when using the Ribbon)

http://screencast.com/t/B1O8ZbyYxAzK

Valued Mentor
stevenelliott3894
Message 3 of 6 (1,498 Views)

11-22-2010 07:36 AM in reply to: akunkinga

For the disappearing cursor, try switching visual styles to something else, then back. That makes my cursor reappear.

As far as the disappearing close box, all the times I've heard about this (with other apps), it was fixed by updated graphics drivers. Unfortunately, you cannot assume that a new computer has the latest drivers.

Good luck!

Steven Elliott

When I was a little bitty boy, my grandmother bought me a cute little toy. Silver bells hangin' on a string... she told me it was my ding-a-ling-a-ling!
Contributor
sylvain_c
Message 4 of 6 (994 Views)

08-23-2011 08:56 AM in reply to: akunkinga

We have AutoCAD 2012 and the crosshair sometimes dissapears also.

Type "regenall" and the cursor reappears.

I haven't had an issue with the minimize box yet.

jessica
Message 5 of 6 (606 Views)

Re: DISAPPEARING CURSOR AND MINIMIZE BOX

04-14-2012 06:11 AM in reply to: akunkinga

I have also had the issue with disappearing cursor as well as the minimize box, I have to actually go up to Window tab to close or switch drawings.  It seems as though its only when I have have more than one drawing open.  It stays if I have only one open (I think).  On the cursor issue, it seems to happen when mostly when I'm in paper space.  I have tried the F-9 key, and it has worked a couple times, but not usually..Usually it takes closing the drawing and re-opening.  I have had numerous issues with video drivers and currently I am working with WINDOWS 7, 64 bit, NVIDIA Quadro FX 580 with the original version (6.1.7600.16385) software.  I have had to uninstall and re-install back to original driver (autodesk said my driver had possibly been corrupted) but I have also had to this on my laptop as well.  I m using Autodesk PLant 3D 2012, and Im amazed at how dependent these programs are on the video driver.  To sum it up, My cursor is still disappearing from time to time but with the video driver version I have mentioned its been more stable than it was previously. 

Distinguished Contributor
cvbt-thailand
Message 6 of 6 (328 Views)

12-03-2012 12:55 AM in reply to: sylvain_c

I just started typing and the cursor reappeared.  A minor inconvenience in a terrific program.

Geoffrey Wheeler
IV Pro 2011 64bit SP2; Win7 Ultimate SP1
ASUS MB Intel i5-3450 @ 3.10 GHz, 8GB RAM
ATI AMD Radeon HD 6600 Series, 1GB RAM
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.