Did you mean: 

Dimstyle and Textstyle created when inserting block from Tool Palette

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Bill_Myron
408 Views, 8 Replies

Dimstyle and Textstyle created when inserting block from Tool Palette

I have a strange issue happening.

Whenever I insert a block into my drawing fromt he Tool Palette, Autocad creates a Text Style and Dimension Style,both named Annotative. This happens on any drawing, with any block.

The funny thing is I can purge them after the block has been inserted.

They are NOT nested in the blocks. I have tried recreated the tool. Nothing seems to be working.

Anyone else have this problem?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Bill_Myron

Unless these are your own blocks, created by you, the stock blocks like to create those defaults.
Since they create no harm or damage, I would not waste any energy or time with them.
Message 3 of 9
dmfrazier

I hadn't noticed it before, but what you describe appears to be "normal" behavior (2010).

The Annotative DimStyle and TextStyle "appear" (in a clean new DWG) when inserting one of my own blocks (a DB) from a source DWG that I have confirmed does not contain those styles.

Message 4 of 9
Bill_Myron

Looks like theres nothing you can do about this. I wonder what the resoning is for it? And why no one has noticed this before. Guess I pay too much attention to detail.

Thanks for the replies!!

Message 5 of 9
dmfrazier

"Guess I pay too much attention to detail."

It's only "too much" until somebody needs it.  (And it's just a matter of time until somebody needs it. Smiley Wink)

Message 6 of 9

Did this ever get solved? I can't believe it's been a problem for 10 years and nobody cares?

I've got the exact same problem, I've only just started noticing... classic insert doesn't do it, copying and pasting from another drawing doesn't do it, design centre insert doesn't do it... only inserting from tool palettes??

Message 7 of 9

Problem? What problem? 😉

(It's "as designed.")

Message 8 of 9

Classic "it's not a bug, it's a feature" ... 

Message 9 of 9
RobDraw
in reply to: Timothy_rattigan

It’s only a problem if you choose it to be.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost