AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

lisbrainer
Message 1 of 5 (416 Views)

Dimmensions on Layout Mode

416 Views, 4 Replies
11-12-2012 06:12 AM

Can someone help me on something that's going on with my Autocad?

I'm doing dimmensons on Layout and I'm facing a problem: Using the same configurations of dimmensions, sometimes I get the right dimmension, but sometimes, without changing any configurations, I get wrong dimmensions. 

At the same drawing, with the same configurations, I get different dimmensions to the same line. The only way that I'm being able to correct it is by using Match Properties (from a correct dimmension to the one that went wrong).

Is there any way to fix it or does anyone knows what's happening??

Thanks a lot!

*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 2 of 5 (398 Views)

Re: Dimmensions on Layout Mode

11-12-2012 10:01 PM in reply to: lisbrainer

All things being equal you should always get the same results... either all correct or all incorrect.  It does sound like there is something happening that's creating different dimensions however.

Maybe if you upload a simple example someone will be able to see for sure what's going on.  Make your example one where you have the different dimension lengths.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
johnniesiliz
Message 3 of 5 (293 Views)

11-29-2012 11:32 AM in reply to: lisbrainer

I don't know if this is what you're talking about, but if the issue comes from making the drawings with dimensions and scaling it in the model tab, this will change the dimensions..  If you want to make it bigger in the layout, you should just make the drawings with the correct dimensions in the model space and then zoom in and out in the paper space, to better see it.

Valued Mentor
KLYPHY
Message 4 of 5 (264 Views)

12-03-2012 09:11 AM in reply to: lisbrainer

When I dimension in a Layout, I have to be careful that the next dimension isn't grabbing an existing dimention node that is also in the Layout.

For example, if I have a horizontal dimention to an end of a model space line, I have to be careful that the next dimension doesn't grab that dimension node in paper space instead of the end of the line in model space.

This may not be your current problem, but it may be your next one.

Read Ya Later -KLYPH

Distinguished Contributor
jz4all
Message 5 of 5 (243 Views)

12-04-2012 04:06 AM in reply to: lisbrainer

Hi

Are you sure you don't use different dimensions which belong to different units, for instance millimeter and inch?

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.