AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Valued Contributor
rick.hberg
Message 1 of 2 (577 Views)

dimension text grip edit reduces line spacing

577 Views, 1 Replies
06-27-2011 05:12 PM

Hi,

I've searched for this for a while now and found nothing, so I'm hoping maybe I am doing something wrong.  Thanks for any assistance.:smileyhappy:

If I place a dimension and have text above and below the dimension line (using \X), and then grip edit the dimension text to move it for space/clarity on plans, the text above and below the line will mysteriously move closer to the line.  If I have backgrounds applied to the text, which I normally do, the backgrounds will cover the line. Even without the background, it looks odd next to other dimensions that were not grip edited. Any Ideas? Thanks.

Civil 3D 2014
Windows 7 x64
Jamie.Besso
Message 2 of 2 (414 Views)

Re: dimension text grip edit reduces line spacing

01-29-2013 09:37 AM in reply to: rick.hberg

Not exactly a solution but to get the text back to it's original position with proper spacing above and below dimension line:

Click on the text grip, right click then select RESET TEXT POSITION.

Unfortunately, if you move the text grip anywhere else the spacing gets messed up.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.