Did you mean: 

Different text styles using dimension suffix

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
bigroo284
1152 Views, 6 Replies

Different text styles using dimension suffix

Can anyone shed any light on why my dimstyle appears different when I use different versions of AutoCAD.

In LT it is correct (left hand image), both styles are STANDARD font but in the full version (right hand image) the suffix text style is ROMANS.

DIM TEXT STYLES.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: bigroo284

STADARD is a text style, not a font. So what font in being used in LT and is AutoCAD notifying you of a missing font when it loads your file and substituting Romans?
Dig deeper than you have so far, or post a DWG file for others to examine.
Message 3 of 7
bigroo284

DWG attached.

No warning messages appear & when you edit in ACAD it appears as STANDARD then reverts back to ROMANS once edit is completed.

Message 4 of 7
bigroo284

Font is Arial narrow regular.
Message 5 of 7
pendean

You are trying to suppress the brackets in your DIMSTYLE's alternate dimension with a /f symbol, which then gives you the result you see.

Opening your file in LT 2012 / 2014 and AutoCAD 2012 / 2014 here and I see only the AutoCAD behavior you observe. Are you using something else?
Message 6 of 7
bigroo284
in reply to: pendean

I've solved it, I changed the Alternate Font File in the Options dialogue box & all's well again.

Thanks for your efforts.

Message 7 of 7
pendean

FONTALT variable is a workaround, but not a solution for those of us picky about definitions 🙂
Glad it worked for you, thanks for posting back.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost