AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

atdelk
Message 1 of 2 (149 Views)

Dialog Box Vanishes Immediately

149 Views, 1 Replies
04-02-2012 05:43 PM

I started having this problem today: Whenever I try to insert a block (either from the command line or the pull-down menu), the dialog box appears for a fraction of a second and immediately vanishes. There are no options on the command line after this, and the main window loses focus. At first I thought it was somehow ending up behind the main window, but that's not the case. Hitting escape brings focus back and the program runs fine otherwise until I try and use the insert command again.

I installed the SP1 update earlier today, but this problem didn't start happening until hours after that. I then tried to do a fresh install, and the problem was still there before I reinstalled SP1, so I don't think that's the problem.

This first starting happening after creating a block, the same way I always do, but I don't see what I could've done. This problem isn't limited to a specific drawing of mine, it happens with all my files as well as new ones.

For now I'm using AutoCAD 2011 for mac, and I'm not experiencing any problems. I would like to figure out what is going on with 2012 though.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (120 Views)

Re: Dialog Box Vanishes Immediately

04-05-2012 05:44 AM in reply to: atdelk

Hi,

I have seen similar problems at the early days of Win7. And in real the dialog was just set behind the AutoCAD application window. And of course as it was not possible to get focus to the AutoCAD application window I also could not move or resize it. The chance was to bring up some different Windows like Excel or Explorer and try to bring AutoCAD back to front as it then brings back the sub-window (in your case the insertion-dialog).

I have noidea on how to do this for Mac, hopefully that is some info where you can start playing (hopefully with success).

Anyway ... there is a special forum for >>>AutoCAD in Mac<<<, either wait for an Admin who moves your post or post your question again there (with a link to this thread).

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.