AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

2 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 1 of 3
Accepted Solution

.ctb files not recognized

551 Views, 2 Replies
12-27-2012 04:30 PM

Today my company's server went down. We are operating from a remote backup.  Whenever I try to plot, our .ctb files are missing from the plot styles drop-down.

I have located the directory to place them there and the "real" Plot Style Manager folder contains the files. Interestingly, when I go to adjust the files in ACAD, it erroneously directs me to my computer's "Documents" folder. It seems clear it is being mis-directed since it cannot access the Server. Believing it'd recognize the files in the Documents folder, I placed the .ctb file there. ACAD still did not find the .ctb.

I have also ensured the plot settings in the Options menu is set to "Plot to color dependent styles." (Rather than .stb)

It is clear to me this issue is resulting from a lack of communication to the server...any suggestions for a remedy? 

Thanks so much!

Hi,

I'm not sure to understand your description in all details, so I describe what I would do to redefine a directory for CTB:

• create a directory on your local drive
  • copy the CTB-files you have into that directory
  • start AutoCAD
  • command _OPTIONS
  • goto tab "Files"
  • search downwards for "Printer Support File Path" and open it
  • the fourth node is "Plot Style Table Search Path"
  • select the directory within that node and click on "BROWSE"-button to select the above directory

Restarting AutoCAD should not be necessary, but may help. If you now open the PLOT-dialog (or page setup dialog) you should see the CTB's you have copied into that directory.

If not: make a screenshot from the PLOT-dialog with opened list of CTBs plus a screenshot with your Windows-explorer showing the directory with the CTBs

- alfred -

*Expert Elite*
9,785 Posts
1,210 Kudos
Post 2 of 3

Re: .ctb files not recognized

12-27-2012 10:13 PM in reply to: lindsey_tkaustin

Hi,

I'm not sure to understand your description in all details, so I describe what I would do to redefine a directory for CTB:

• create a directory on your local drive
  • copy the CTB-files you have into that directory
  • start AutoCAD
  • command _OPTIONS
  • goto tab "Files"
  • search downwards for "Printer Support File Path" and open it
  • the fourth node is "Plot Style Table Search Path"
  • select the directory within that node and click on "BROWSE"-button to select the above directory

Restarting AutoCAD should not be necessary, but may help. If you now open the PLOT-dialog (or page setup dialog) you should see the CTB's you have copied into that directory.

If not: make a screenshot from the PLOT-dialog with opened list of CTBs plus a screenshot with your Windows-explorer showing the directory with the CTBs

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 3 of 3

Re: .ctb files not recognized

12-28-2012 10:17 AM in reply to: lindsey_tkaustin

Alfred,

That worked like a charm. Thanks so much!!!  AutoCAD was referencing the Server's directory, not my own computer.  When our Server computer returns from the shop, I will be able to redirect it back to where it originally should be. This was very informative!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post