Did you mean: 

creating a script or lisp to open multiple files, then insert sister drawing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1012 Views, 5 Replies

creating a script or lisp to open multiple files, then insert sister drawing

Hey Everyone,

First I want to say how very thankful I am for this forum.  It helps me on almost a daily basis.  But I cant seem to find an answer to this question,  Ive tried a couple scripts but have not come up with anything that is proficient.  I have blank drawing files on a network drive that are already created.  To make this simple I will not explain why I can't, but I can not just save these sister files directly to the network drive.  So what I have to do is, Open the blank network file, and either INSERT the sister drawing or drag and drop the sister file.  Both drawings have the same name, or if it will help I can change the name of the sister drawing.  But I have thousands of these to do! there has to be an easier way to do this?

what i was thinking was putting all the sister drawings in a folder, all the network drawings in a folder, and then possibly having a .CSV spreadsheet or something containing all the file names, so that then autocad could use that to open the drawings and then insert the sister drawings one at a time? Im up to any crazy ideas!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

So you want a routine that:
OPEN drawing A
INSERT drawing A from another folder
QSAVE drawing A
CLOSE drawing A

and then somehow have he routine figure out if there is a drawing B (and so on) in both floders and repeat?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

That's exactly what I am looking for. but I dont want to have to type in the directory for each one. I want to be able to just say insert all these sister drawings in this specific folder into their corresponding network drawing
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

it'd be something like:

OPEN drawing 1A
INSERT drawing 1B
QSAVE drawing 1A
CLOSE drawing 1A

autocad would then check if there is another .dwg in the folder

OPEN drawing 2A
INSERT drawing 2B
QSAVE drawing 2A
CLOSE drawing 2A
etc... etc... etc.. until all the files in that folder were done
Message 5 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

I suggest you repost all the details you want in the correct forum for customization: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/bd-p/130
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks, I did not see that forum

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost