AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Dtrylmn
Message 1 of 3 (914 Views)

Creating a new tool palette

914 Views, 2 Replies
01-16-2012 10:21 AM

We use autocad 2011 and we are trying to create a new tool palette. We have no problem dragging and dropping to our existing tool palettes, but we can not drop to anything new we create. We do not have any read/write issues. I have tried saving workspace, restarting CAD just erases the palette i tried to create. I have seen this problem on other forums and no one ever makes it to a solution. Maybe i am just overlooking a simple setting. I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction.

Distinguished Mentor
skintsubby
Message 2 of 3 (875 Views)

Re: Creating a new tool palette

01-16-2012 07:47 PM in reply to: Dtrylmn

It sounds like it is a read / write issue.

Verify the path set in Options for tool palette has full access.

Also check that the .aws files stored in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2012\UserDataCache\Support\Profiles\ has read write access. That was for Map... You'll have to change the path for vanilla or civil etc.

Does that help? Or is there still a problem?

Mark

Dtrylmn
Message 3 of 3 (835 Views)

Re: Creating a new tool palette

01-24-2012 04:03 AM in reply to: Dtrylmn

Thanks for your help, we found a way around by moving files to thier original locations, and then re-importing them. But the files that you asked about were all write protected, we have not tried since because we only make a tool palette every couple of years. So i can't answer if your solution works, but i have a feeling it would have.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.