Did you mean: 

Create view with clipping front and back on

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mcorriveau
611 Views, 1 Reply

Create view with clipping front and back on

Good morning,

I received 3D plan from an engineer and i notice they are generating view. When you type View in the command line there is alot of custom made view and when i click one i can see different section of the building and there is also a clipping.
It is difficult to explain but when switching from view to view i can see different section of the building and everyting over a certain distance is not displaying in the model space view. i mean the view is cutting everything above 3 feet. this way i can only focus in this part of the section.

Any idea how to do that? i know they are working with the variable front plane and back plane clipping but after trying by myself for around an hour i cannot figure a proper way to generate my live section using this method.

Any idea?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
wispoxy
in reply to: mcorriveau

Try the following Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoCAD allows to switch to a perspective (perspective view of a 3D scene) in several ways:

1. The DVIEW command with the Distance option (resp. Points and Distance)
  2. The 3DORBIT command, right-click: Perspective
  3. The CAMERA and VIEW commands - choose Perspective in the dialog

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pan a Distance Within a Viewport

Need to pan your view within a viewport a specific distance?

Here’s how:

• Double click the viewport to activate it
  • -P <enter> to start the pan command in the command line
  • Pick a point inside of the viewport to specify the base point
  • Move the cursor in the desired direction of the pan (use ortho)
  • Enter the specific distance and hit <enter>

How to enable or disable hardware acceleration in AutoCAD
Apr 22 2015

Applies to AutoCAD 2007, AutoCAD 2008, AutoCAD 2009, AutoCAD 2010, AutoCAD 2011, AutoCAD 2012, AutoCAD 2013, AutoCAD 2014, AutoCAD 2015, AutoCAD 2016, AutoCAD Architecture 2008, AutoCAD Architecture 2009, AutoCAD Architecture 2010, AutoCAD Architecture 2011, AutoCAD Architecture 2012, ...
See More
Like (2)

Issue:You want to turn video hardware acceleration on or off in AutoCAD to improve graphics performance.
Causes:If you have a video card that supports OpenGL, you can improve graphics performance and productivity when working with 3D models by turning on hardware acceleration. This helps overall performance, not just with 3D work.

However, some video cards and drivers that support OpenGL are not compatible with AutoCAD when hardware acceleration is turned on. This incompatibility may result in unexpected problems. To test for optimized working conditions in your environment, you can toggle hardware acceleration on and off.
Solution:There are several ways to toggle hardware acceleration in AutoCAD-based products. Try one of the following methods:
  • Enter the GRAPHICSCONFIG command and click the Hardware Configuration button.
  • Enter the 3DCONFIG command and click the Hardware Configuration button.
  • Enter OPTIONS on the command line or choose it from the Application menu to open the Options dialog box. On the System tab, click the Graphics Performance button. Then click the Hardware Acceleration button to turn it off or on.
  • Click the GRAPHICSCONFIG performance button in the lower-right corner of the AutoCAD application window.
    User-added image
There may be a delay the first time you use GRAPHICSCONFIG or 3DCONFIG or when you click the performance button.

Note: The interface options may differ, depending on product and product version. AutoCAD LT 2011 and earlier do not support hardware acceleration and do not have 3DCONFIG.
Article ID: kA230000000tavE

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost