Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy to Clipboard Failed - Has a resolution been found

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
RockyBrown4134
5564 Views, 18 Replies

Copy to Clipboard Failed - Has a resolution been found

We have been getting a "Copy to Clipboard Failed" error just as everyone else has. We now have had a drawing file that gets the error on one machine, but doesn't on another. I have tried all of the other tips and tricks posted in the other posts(audit+purge+save, export to R12.dxf, etc). I have no problems on the machine that I use. However there are a couple of machines that get the error.

Has a resolution bee resolved for this "bug"?

Any other suggestions?

Machine that works:

AutoCAD 2012 (Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2012)

Autocad Mechanical SP2 installed.

Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 ghz

16 GB memory

Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit OS, SP 1

One of the Machines that has the error:

AutoCAD 2012 (Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2012)

Autocad Mechanical SP2 installed.

Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40 ghz

16 GB memory

Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit OS, SP 1

If this response answers your question, Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution"

Rocky Brown
AutoCAD 2020 / Inventor 2020 / Plant 3D
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
pendean
in reply to: RockyBrown4134

So the problem is one file?
You installed a package, with verticals: was this file from one of those verticals? Or saved by one?
Do both machines have all the software? if you open the file in the other AutoCAD variants in the package does the problem go away?
Message 3 of 19
RockyBrown4134
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
So the problem is one file?  For now, yes. But it has happend to other files before.

You installed a package, with verticals: was this file from one of those verticals? Or saved by one? No, it was created with the AutoCAD .
Do both machines have all the software? Yes.

if you open the file in the other AutoCAD variants in the package does the problem go away? I have only tried to open the file in AutoCAD. As stated, one machine wil copy to the clipboard correctley, I have two that will not.

Please see above..

FYI..........

This is not the first time we have experienced this issue. We have had this to happen numereous times, on any different machines, (40+ workstaions in this location)

If this response answers your question, Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution"

Rocky Brown
Message 4 of 19
pendean

This happens to all of us on occassion, and 99% it's due to an unsupported AEC or Proxy Object in the file (or in the selection window) being the culprit. -EXPORTOAUTOCAD command (there is a dash in the command name) used in the program that last saved the file (probably not AutoCAD in this case) is the proper way to fix it 99% of the time too.

You need to drill deeper: only using AutoCAD when you have a package with other variants is not a good way to try to identify the problem.
Or post the cuklprit DWG file here and point to the objects that cannot be COPYCLIP and PASTECLIP for others to try.
Message 5 of 19
RockyBrown4134

@pendean wrote:
You need to drill deeper: only using AutoCAD when you have a package with other variants is not a good way to try to identify the problem.

I'm confussed. Please explain. Should I have opened the file with Inventor? Mechanical?. I thought comparing apples to apples would have been testing with AutoCAD?

@pendean wrote:
Or post the cuklprit DWG file here and point to the objects that cannot be COPYCLIP and PASTECLIP for others to try.

When I try to upload the dwg, I get the following error: The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type.

Please advise.

Rocky Brown
Message 6 of 19

OK...tried again. Still can't upload dwg.

Rocky Brown
Message 7 of 19
pendean

ZIP the file first.
Message 8 of 19
RockyBrown4134

OK....I'll try again.

Rocky Brown
Message 9 of 19
RockyBrown4134

Still can't get it to upload.

Rocky Brown
Message 10 of 19
pendean

It happens to some users: if you ha ve access to DropBox or other online sharing sites, that's another option.
Message 11 of 19
RockyBrown4134

I'll try to upload from another source later this afternoon.

Rocky Brown
Message 12 of 19

Dean;

Web site is telling me that the post is being successful, but no file seems to be uploaded. Is there anything blocking me on Autodesk's end from uploading the file, even a compressed or zipped file?

Rocky Brown
Message 13 of 19
pendean

Which browser are you using? that's usually the problem, trying another may help.
Message 14 of 19

Please see this FAQ about attachments. If your file meets these requirements reply back with browser info

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Message 15 of 19
RockyBrown4134

1) Internet Explore 9.0.8112.16421, update 9.0.19 (KB2862772)

2) I deleted everything except the areas that are in question, and purged it to get it under 1.5 mb. I also zipped the file. Still will not upload.

Attachment add by
Discussion_Admin

Rocky Brown
Message 16 of 19

I take it you're still having issues attaching the file if so please send it to moderator@autodesk.com

What browser are you using?

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Message 17 of 19

Has a resolution been found for the Copy to Clipboard issue, other than savinging it down to a AutoCAD R12 dxf file?

Thanks

Rocky Brown
Message 18 of 19
j_martens

Have been seeing this error lately.

I opened a new drawing, inserted the drawing that is giving the error message. Check the "Explode" check box and it has been working for me.

Hope it helps!

JM

Message 19 of 19
moneal0514
in reply to: j_martens

good new Rocky i think i found a solution to your issue. it has to do with proxy objects, probably from importing step files or exporting from inventor. if you run the lisp found at http://www.cadstudio.cz/en/download.asp?file=DelProxy all proxy objects will be removed and your dynamic blocks should remain intact. it has worked for a few people here with good results but cant say that it is 100% bullet proof yet.

Let me know if this works for you if you ever run across this again.

Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost