Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy to Clip Board Failed

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
RockyBrown4134
1659 Views, 7 Replies

Copy to Clip Board Failed

Has a fix or resolution been found for the "Copy to Clip Board Failed" error. I am seeing it pop up again, with trying to copy AutoCAD Dynamic Blocks, cut and pasting them from one drawing to another. I have read the post stating to export to a R12 .dxf, but that loses the Dynamic Block capabilities.

Just wondering.

Moderator;

If this post needs to be moved to another forum, please do so.

Thanks.

If this response answers your question, Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution"

Rocky Brown
AutoCAD 2020 / Inventor 2020 / Plant 3D
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: RockyBrown4134

That's pretty much like saying has anyone found a fix for "my car won't start' 🙂

Can you post a sample DWG file with your block in it, confirm there is a problem, and put notes in the file for everyone over here on how to recreate it.
Message 3 of 8
RockyBrown4134
in reply to: pendean

Dean;

Attached are two files that were in question. I only sent the views that would not copy clip.

Process:

1) Files were created on Machine "a" and saved to a server.

2) Files wer opened by Machine "b" from the server.

3) views were selected anc CTRL-C for copy.

4) new drawing opened from .dwt on server.

5) Tried to CTRL-V to paste and got the Copy clip error.

6) REPEATED the same process on Machine "c" with the same results.

Machine "a" can copy and paste frome one drawing to another with no problems.

The two Dynamic Blocks embedded in Test2.dwg (yellow amd magenta in color), will not let you select a visability state.

If this response answers your question, Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution"

Rocky Brown
Message 4 of 8

Oops! forgot to add second drawing.

Rocky Brown
Message 5 of 8
pendean

Other than it would appear your TEST2 file contains a block with an identical name, I can copy/paste from both of your TEST1 files into your TEST2 file and into two empty files. From what I can tell, nothing is missing.

Tested in plain AutoCAD 2012, Win7Pro 64bit.
Message 6 of 8
RockyBrown4134
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for looking at the files.

Do you know what causes the issue? Is it something off the normal? Is it a setting/variable that needs to be set? I've seen some weird things over the years and this one seems to be the weirdest.

As far as the two blocks having the same name, I thought dynamic blocks had the same name but different instances. Or am I mistaken?

I know you said that you had no problems. On some of our machines, we have no problems. But other machines we do. It always seems to be connected with some dynamic block. All of our machines are setup the same way, with the exception of workspaces.

FYi......

Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2012

Version F.205.0.0 AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 SP2

Win 7Pro, 64 Bit SP1

Rocky Brown
Message 7 of 8
pendean

Blocks with same names but different content in both the source and destination files is usually the culprit.
Message 8 of 8

Sorry it took me so long to reply.
Ok. I can can copy the two blocks and paste them in the same drawing and in another drawing. If I understand you correctly, so can you. I have a couple of machines that can not copy and paste them at all. Strange.

Just thinking.......you stated that the two blocks were the same name but different geometry. Even though the block is dynamic, and let's say with two different values for the parameter, shouldn't they be two separate instances? Could it be how AutoCAD recognizes the two blocks? Could it be a be a setting? An OS issue maybe?

I haven't explored the Dynamic Block Group yet. I may post there after I research the group a little.

Rocky Brown

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost